Pretty fabulous that we got one final accumulation of snow before we leave! Went down this morning to play in it a bit.
This time the snow packed easily-- it's perfect for snowman making-- but for some reason Josephine wasn't all that interested today. (She even knocked over my little baseball player above! humph. She was all keyed up because she'd had some chocolate that the guy at Rosario's gifted her when we were out yesterday. Don't know why she had to take it out on my little snowman, though. Jason? Yes, that's what I thought. 10:84 is undoubtedly "Take out all aggression on Mom.")
betrayed.
Put me back under the awning, woman.
Seeing as how I boxed up my snow boots, gloves, scarf, and long johns several days ago when the forecast was showing sunny, upper 40's until our departure, my bare hands and sneakers didn't last all that long. And Clement needed a nap. So we filled up her tea pot with snow and brought it inside with us.
I've heard of snow painting a few times this winter, and while I haven't actually read about how to do it properly, we improvised. I figured it was a good way to use up the tiny, dried up chunks of water colors in her old set. (One less thing to pack!)
She seemed to really enjoy the activity. I'm especially glad for her sake that we had another good snowfall. Many of her prayers revolve around asking God for snow. More specifically, she asks him WHEN it is going to snow again (there's no "if" or "pretty please" about it). This has led to many discussions about how we hear God answer our prayers because she never hears loud voices that boom down "IN TWO DAYS" or whatever. As a side note, he does seem to be fairly prompt with his responses to her.
Of course, in the absence of real snow, there's always fake snow...
Flubber is another of her favorite table time activities. The stuff I made is just white because I didn't have any dye for it... so it is frequently used as pasta or snow when she pretends.
This particular creation was "Santa's house"... snow inside and out. She eventually created a downstairs on the chair, where it was dry, so he could sleep.
Alright. Enough procrastinating. Need to get stuff done.


1 comment:
Snow painting and flubber - I have no idea! right - off to Google I go ...
Post a Comment