Josephine's still a couple weeks away from turning four, but since we were passing through Bedford on our way back to Austin, my parents were awesome enough to host her birthday party at their place today. I'm glad it saved everyone the trip down to Austin, but mostly (selfishly) I'm glad that it spared me having to get our place presentable and party ready so shortly after getting home!
Sean's parents and Gam made the drive up to help celebrate, and my brothers and sisters came out from Dallas, so it was truly a full house and wonderfully special. Josephine was on cloud nine all day. (Poor Darla, who actually did just have her birthday on Thursday, was totally kicked out of the spotlight. She got her name on a balloon. That was it. So sad. Darla's a supremely good aunt. And not just for letting Josephine steal her birthday-- you should see how much Josephine admires her. I have a strong suspicion that in about 10 years Darla's going to be a very necessary influence in the life of her niece-who-aims-all-angst-at-her-mother. I'm already thanking God for Aunt Darla!)
Clement thinks little blowout party favors are hilarious.
They really kind of ARE when you think about it.
Presents!!!
Treacherous presents!!! Even better!
caaaalm presents... the BEST. (says Mom)
What was that I was saying about Aunt Darla? Yes. Love.
Clement getting one of the 539,028 kisses he received that day.
He's such a snuggle monster.
My mom asked me a week ago what kind of cake Josephine would like. I had no idea, so I went and found her and asked. Josephine knew immediately: chocolate cake, chocolate icing, pink writing.
She had spoken.
She also knew which dress she wanted to wear for her party months in advance, informed me and my mom that she wanted us to dress up for her party, and was trying to request the color of her candles until I told her that maybe we could just be happy with whatever candles we got. (!!!)
You'll notice, though, that in the last half of this post, her outfit has changed. She is wearing items gifted to her since they were more frilly and girly than the party dress she'd chosen (which had been the pinkest thing she had in her closet in NY). The entire time I was helping her change she was just gushing about the beauty of the clothes she was donning.
Someone PLEASE tell me she will have a tomboy phase so I can relate to her?!?!
(Though I have to admit, she is kind of softening me up, winning me over. The whole girly thing can be pretty cute at times.)
She sang along with her own birthday song. Such a precious age.
We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather!
Crazy to think it was SNOWING in Astoria today!!
three Sims sons
water fountains are fascinating when you're never-seven months
new bike, roller skates, ukelele, tutu, an endlessly patient Mama Jo... heaven!




2 comments:
One final note: That picture of Josephine with her cake is not a "cheese" smile. She was just SOOO excited and delighted, it was a very sincere, give-it-all-I've-got smile. So cute how happy today made her. :-) Gotta say, I'm in love with that little girl!
Happy early birthday to Josephine! I love the picture of her with the rollerskates looking like she is about to go on a bike ride- she can do it all!
I did have a minor panic attack that I hadn't thought about Jude's birthday yet since I know they are so close. I was thankful to hear this was an early party. Phew!
Post a Comment