Didn't make it in time for the free concert for kids, but we did make it in time to see the mass exodus of ridiculously expensive strollers. That was interesting.
Next week, if we manage to get down there in time, I'm photographing the posh strollers all valet-parked en masse.
So we missed the music, but Sean picked up some lunch and met us in the park for a picnic, which was fun! It was perfect, weather-wise, and I could have sat there all day just watching folks. But Josephine hasn't yet mastered the art of being completely content while doing nothing at all.
Perhaps by next week.
Josephine played on the playground a little before we departed...
She rode a spinning tire swing for the first time (she almost got to in Central Park last week, but the swing was too quickly co-opted by a gang of 11 year olds and she had to back away out of fear of her life). But here I noticed the kids were more her size, so I plopped her on when a hole opened up, without having paid much prior attention to how quickly they were spinning. In about 5 seconds flat she was screaming "I want to get down!!" So I had to request that the girl twirling them all into nausea slow things down a bit. At that point, a slightly older boy, about 9, took over and pushed at a perfect speed. Josephine kept shooting him VERY thankful and charming smiles, clearly smitten with this knight in shining armor. I think it might have been her first time to fall in love.
Anyway, we'll give the concert another shot next week if it works out (read: if I get us out of bed in time)... Or else maybe just another picnic with dad.



No comments:
Post a Comment