Thursday, October 30, 2008

Insulating Sir Wilbur's Castle

It's been gorgeous during the day, but at night the temperature has been dropping significantly. I'd started to wonder how this was affecting my little, mostly nocturnal friend. He doesn't have much fur. I'd made him a little sweatshirt pouch to hide in, but that seemed to result in him never leaving the pouch. He hides all day, regardless, just because he likes dark places, but I'd noticed that I hadn't been hearing him at night, whereas normally he wakes me up at least a few times with his shenanigans.

THEN the other morning I got up to check on Wilbur and his little feet were cold! Even though he was curled up in the pouch! (Collectively now, "aaaaaawwww! Do something!!") So yes, I had to take action.

He now has his very own electric blanket wrapped around his cage. I turn it on the lowest setting at night, and it's just enough to take the chill out of the walls of the cage without really adding heat to the interior. He likes it lots. There's been PLENTY of racket the last couple nights.

No comments: