Monday, October 6, 2008
Are you ready for this? I'm not.
I've been so intimidated by what to put in the first entry that I've been avoiding it for weeks, even though I've had this site sitting ready forever. Thus, a blog that was intended to increase communication has only become one more avenue to evade it. So this morning I decided enough was enough. My first entry would be about NOTHING. Not the baby, not any of our recent trips, not the house, not life, nothing cute, nothing witty, nothing dictating the tone of this blog. Its sole purpose is to cure my blogaphobia. And to spur more posts with real content because now I'm going to feel serious pressure to post something of substance. Well really, only semi-serious pressure, because I haven't actually told anybody about this blog yet. Baby steps, y'all, baby steps. (Create the blog, wait a few weeks, post nothing, wait a few weeks, maybe post something, wait some more, think about it, maaaaybe tell someone about the site...) Thank GOODNESS steps 1 through 3 are now off my shoulders!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This comment is for Jenny. It's crazy how blogging can connect people. You left a comment on my blog and asked questions about some of the things I had made for my baby. I'll try my best to explain it. As for the mattress and crib sheet... I figured out the mattress as I went. I bought a two inch think piece of natural latex padding and cut a piece of inch think ply wood the same size put them together and wrapped the whole thing in cotton batting several times and hand sewed the edges shut, then made a cotton zip cover. It worked really well. The sheets were easy. My Mom showed me the trick. Cut out a rectangle of fabric the size of your mattress including the edges. Then cut a square out of each corner. Sew the cut out sides together to make a corner. Then take the square you cut out and fold it in half to make a triangle. Then sew that onto the corners to make a pocket... a diagram would be handy.. sorry! Anyhow, then finish the edges. SO quick and easy and a nice snug fit. Good luck! And God bless you and your baby soon to come!
Post a Comment