Tuesday, October 14, 2008

15 weeks

Baby Update: Last Tuesday we went to our 14 week appointment at the birthing center, which went well. It was our second visit and much shorter than the first; not a whole lot to discuss at this stage.

All my blood work came back fine (found out my blood type is O+, which I'm so happy to finally know... my blood donating experiences have all been fiascoes so I've never found out). The midwife acted really impressed with my iron levels, and she said my blood pressure, pulse, and weight gain were all excellent. This made me quite happy and proud-- like a 10 year old acing a spelling test. I amused myself by spending the rest of the day saying, "I'm a good momma!!" ...because really, I can't take credit for any of the stuff I was being complimented on. It's like someone saying, "Good job! Your heart's beating!" What do you say to that? "Why, thank you-- I try?"
Anyway, I CAN be grateful, though, that all is going well, and I am.

Best [and weirdest] part was getting to hear the heartbeat, which this time she had no trouble finding.
Again, kumquats don't have heartbeats...
Actually, it's no longer kumquat size anyway. It's an APPLE. (Which causes me to question why I look and feel like I swallowed a cantaloupe).

Here's the Buddha belly at 15 weeks:

Not one to be left out, here's Sean at 15 weeks:
(I'd forgotten to include his 8 week photo in the earlier post, so I went back and added it.)

1 comment:

Jeana said...

i cannot believe you are showing so much so fast. that is awesome! it is all so so exciting ad i cannot believe how little sean is showing. are you sure he is drinking enough water?

i am so excited that you found a birthing center. that isn't even an option in the big ATL. Hurray Austin.

So Corbin just had his first "real" illness. It has been fun being able to care for him. I went into nurse mode and even started to document. Right now I type with one hand while nursing as he reaches behind himself and grabs things off the table and throws them on the floor. Such joy. No sarcasm here.