My poor in-laws' house flooded big-time last night. As in, the entire bottom floor had 2 feet of standing water this morning, and it had risen higher than that overnight: our wedding album was damaged and it was up on the console table behind the sofa! So, you can imagine the amount of work that lies ahead for them... it's overwhelming even to think about-- and I haven't seen any of it with my own eyes. Ugh!
All that to say, I
thought I'd been too busy to keep up with the blog lately... but now the degree to which I am "busy" has all been brought into perspective! So while I can't get up there to help (
let me tell you how helpful I and two kids would be), I figure the least I can do is get some cute pictures of the grandkids posted. I doubt it'll do much for Ricky's morale, but JoAnn's the one having to share tight living quarters with him for an unknown amount of time while they wait for the repairs to be made! :-) So here's a little comfort for her soul, at least. (And I will try to get some of the backlog up over the next couple days, too.)
From tonight's trick-or-treating:
 |
| "WHAT is happening?" |
 |
he's a lumberjack, by the way. --one who really doesn't like having whiskers drawn on his face. |
 |
| In case you were wondering, "rainbow princess" costumes are required to have rainbow polka dots AND rainbow stripes. This is the best I could do with that kind of guidance and a fabric store that clearly didn't understand how much variety in rainbow fabric they ought to carry. |
 |
41 pieces, in case you were wondering. She even wrote the number on a piece of paper and put it in the bag with the candy. Unfortunately for her, she wrote it backwards, so I was super tempted to eat about 27 pieces of candy tonight. |
 |
"NO, Clement! NO!"
(What would Halloween be without a little hoarding?) |
And some pictures from the pumpkin patch on Tuesday... I'm beginning to understand the difficulty of taking family portraits. All eyeballs on the camera AND smiles?? No way.
 |
| Josephine was a little braver with the pumpkin cleaning this year. |
Hang in there, Mama Jo and Grandfrog! It'll be okay (eventually!). We love y'all and are thinking about you constantly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment