We took two road trips this fall that were meant to accomplish the following purposes:
1. Leaf peep
2. See some new parts of our lovely country
3. Get us out into some fresh air with a little room for running around
4. Fill up on different cuisine
5. Last but not least, facilitate some simple laundry for me! Getting multiple loads down the stairs, walking it a couple blocks over, and managing the timing of the machines with two little ones who have uncompromising needs of their own is a pain. It's doable, but not fun. Lately I've just been going in the evenings once Sean gets home. But for these road trips, I stored up the dirty clothes for a couple weeks and we purposely choose airbnb houses that have a washer and dryer!! So handy!
Anyway, on our second trip we stayed on Conanicut Island in Rhode Island, in a city called Jamestown.
Sean had to get a good amount of work done that weekend, which we took into consideration as we looked for a good destination. This house had an office space upstairs, which actually meant he could focus a lot better than he could have had we stayed in our small Astoria apartment. (See how selfless I am? Suffering through a vacation so my hardworking husband could have some quiet office space!)
Anyway, at one point I took Josephine and Clement to go see the Beavertail Lighthouse. Gorgeous day. Wish we could have stayed around longer, but Clement was fussing. Much like the picture above. He needed a nap, so we didn't stay long.
In short, a great northeast port town type of experience. I'll leave you with a couple video clips of Josephine and Clement. In the first, I was trying to get Josephine to wiggle her pinky the morning after I shut it in the back door on accident. It's an improvised version of "Where is Thumbkin?"
The second video is of Clement at 11 weeks, just talking.
Josephine one morning after she and I walked down to the pier for a mommy-daughter breakfast date:


No comments:
Post a Comment