Tuesday, July 24, 2012

the precarious positioning of a pregnant lady in a canoe

Always a terrific idea to take a couple balance-compromised folks and stick them in a canoe.  I'm kind of surprised Sean went along with the idea.
 He took the photo above, which is why the horizon is straight.
Then I attempted to turn around (read: shift to one side of the boat) and take a picture of them with the Austin skyline in the background, while not dropping his phone in the water and highly distracted by the kayak we were coasting towards.  For the record, the result is either a scalped husband, or the appearance of sliding off the planet, or the reality of sliding into Town Lake.
Some photo ops aren't worth it.  I gave up.

As you can see... we've been killing time... attempting to keep Josephine and ourselves distracted from The Thing We Are Here Waiting For.
Between numerous trips to the library and all the standard chores/housework around here, we've managed to take Josephine to Deep Eddy twice, on a playdate with Julien, to the park, on a daddy-daughter date to a juice bar, to the Pease Park splash pad with the Denings, canoeing on Town Lake, and to her first matinee.  We went to see Brave at the Alamo Drafthouse.  Bit too intense, it turns out.  We're still listening to her tell us how Brave is a "bad movie" and "maybe next time we can see a Brave movie where the girl's mom doesn't turn into a bear (insert casual shrug) or sumthin'..."

Tonight, it was Chuck E. Cheese.  Her first real encounter with such chaos.  She loved it.  I'm still astonished that we got her to bed without a total meltdown, as that's typically the result of over-stimulating this child.





Tomorrow's a playdate with Zanna!  (Last week's got cancelled, because I thought I was going into labor.  Ha.  Hahahahaha.  Labor!  Can you imagine??  With this child?)

No comments: