Friday, February 12, 2010

i like it, i like it, i like it

People don't come up to me and ask me questions.

But if they were to do such a thing, and then if they happened to ask, "Jenny! Please!! Do you have a second to tell us why do you love Texas so much??? Oh, please, DO tell us!!!" ... well, then, I would respond (without the slightest hesitation), "Because you can see the whole sky. Thank you for asking."

Not a clever answer-- a corny one-- I know. But I really, REALLY like how big the sky is in Texas. It is hands down my favorite part, and hands down the thing I miss the most when we're other places-- even places where my scenic sky is blocked by stunning mountains, voluptuous trees, flowing waterfalls, swooping toucans, line-dancing wallabies, pirouetting unicorns... (okay, I'm kidding about the toucans and wallabies. never actually seen them.)

For instance, this is not an unusual road trip. I took these from the car window on my little digital pocket camera, and did nothing but crop, which means the only thing impressive is the scenery itself.



And that is WAY better than unicorns.

True to my Texan roots, I'm afraid I do a serious amount of bursting with pride over this place.

(I debated overloading this post with deeper strands of the rationale behind my uninterview response... ideas about the heavens, the Lord, spaces far more infinite than my own tiny world, unmarred, ever morphing, yet truly integral and consistent beauty, et al, but I'll trust that pictures are worth a thousand words and not distract with my own).

1 comment:

Angela said...

Beautiful! I love Texas and it is a wonderful example of the Lord's creation!