It was more exciting than Christmas around here this morning. It was still five-something when I started hearing little feet pitter-pattering out to check the big clock.
Seriously.
Alarm went off at 6:30, and then she was formally permitted to wake up...
The morning went smoothly, she was in her classroom by 7:30.
 |
| How's anyone look that cute so early in the morning?? |
 |
Adorable dress courtesy of Gam. Her fashion sense is being stifled by rules like "no jewelry" and "sneakers only", but we're adapting... |
 |
| Getting her name tag from Ms. Johnson. |
 |
Of course, she owned it. Not a wink of separation anxiety, though I think Sean and I were both swallowing pretty hard at times... |
So far, Clement's LOVING this. He says school like "zoo" it turns out. Took me a minute to figure out why he was saying "Jos" was at the zoo. (Probably not entirely inaccurate...)
But yes, he's relishing the independence, puttering around with ZERO dictatorial feedback. He's a busy little guy, with much that he has been needing to do, it turns out.
Of course, it's only been an hour and half. It'll take some adjustment for all of us, I'm sure. We'll have to figure out what life looks like now. But regardless, I'm happy for Josephine. I think she will absolutely love school.
Watch out world-- here she comes. :)
 |
| She's only been waiting for this for, oh, FIVE YEARS. |
2 comments:
Go, Josephine! Have so much fun! And, Jenny, I feel you. I was swallowing pretty hard myself this morning.
It makes it far easier to tolerate the separation when you know they are enjoying themselves! Here's hoping our girls have really great years!!
Post a Comment