I'm curious. Need to measure her again, because if her sense of coordination lately has been any indication, Josephine's in a growth spurt. There has been MUCH falling and stumbling-- the child spontaneously topples out of her chair at the dinner table. ??? It's a little bewildering. Thankfully, she's not much fazed by it anymore-- she usually gets right back up and carries on with whatever she's absorbed in.
| She's learned at the zoo that running downhill is worth the occasional spill, gravel or not. |
We've had some good rainfall over the last couple days, so the creeks were cool and flowing well. Next time we'll remember swimsuits. Because if I had a penny for every time Sean has taken Josephine wading and returned to me with a drenched child...
| Just before she fell in. Twice. |
![]() |
| Aaaand we're still batting a 1.000 with this. Note Sean's sheepish grin. |
When the sun was out from behind the clouds it was quite warm, so honestly, Clement and I were jealous of her wet clothes. They didn't slow her down any, either.
![]() |
| feigning enjoyment. it was hot back there. |
Josephine's really at a great age for these expeditions, despite some of her moaning about "when are we going to eat again" and "I just want to go home." She is easily enthralled by the nature around her, and I love watching her get a little rough and tumble as she engages with it. Outdoor activities comprise the vast majority of what I remember about being a kid. It's good stuff.
| a captivated Josephine watching a... butterfly? caterpillar? snail? bird? bunny? Nope. Dung beetle. |
| "He's CUTE, Mommy! Is that a boy or a girl dungbeetlebug?" |






2 comments:
P.S. We didn't actually see the falls. We hiked the first bit of the Wolf Mountain Trail, hence only having pictures of a little creek.
Love it. And I cannot believe how big both of your kiddos are getting!
P.S. Where did you find Josephine's shoes. They're cute, but not prissy. LOVE.
Post a Comment