Clement's new doorway jumper has arrived! For a giggle and some motion sickness, watch this video.
He LOVES it. I has a better spring than the last one, so I think the jumping is more rewarding.
It's a Jolly Jumper. I like that the design is safer than the old one we had. His head can't get stuck out the sides or hung over the front bar, plus it has good back support. Also, the pouch is more of a cotton fabric than the unbreathable, plastic-coated whatever that the vintage one was made out of... so now he doesn't break out into a rash when he jumps. And since this one can unclip, it's machine washable. Props all around!
Had to order it from Canada, on this website. The only Jolly Jumper I could find in the States wasn't for clamping onto doorways; it came with it's own jumping frame. I heard about this one from another mom from the local kids' consignment shop when I went there hoping to find a better jump-up for Clement. I wish I'd found it earlier; I think he could have jumped better from the start, whereas we had to deal with a lot of sliding around in the old one when he was smaller. Not that that stopped him from loving the activity. But this one is definitely lower maintenance for me, and I love how little space it occupies.
Ooooh, and I just noticed that in the video he's wearing some of his Cradle and Thread garb! So comfy and squeezable!
Which reminds me that when his first items arrived, I took some pictures of his new style to send to my friend Christi (she and her husband started Cradle and Thread):
Clement's charm was a little "off" that night (these were the best I got!), so I'll have to try again sometime-- and I'll go somewhere outdoors or a bit classier than our messy bedroom! The clothes rock, though!!
And the best part -- if you haven't already heard of it -- is that every time they receive enough orders to add up to $100, they donate an entire outfit to a child in need. Plus the clothes are made here in the USA and are really high quality! Love, love, love!
2 comments:
Yay! I love the Cradle&Thread photos, of course. :)
And I do think it is impressive that you were at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The one time I was at New York at Thanksgiving, Jarrett and I totally slept through it and only made it down in time to see the aftermath littering the streets.
Oh -- and your turkey provided me a great, honest-to-goodness laugh here before bed. I don't even know how you managed to piece that thing together so well!
He is SOOOO adorable!!
Post a Comment