Thursday, September 20, 2012

the state of things

Sean's out of town on business travel, so I figured he'd like to see what his munchkins have been up to today.

Clement is on his third outfit.  Here's his latest, the one Maggie gave him; it fits him perfectly right now and is just right for a day that didn't even reach 70.  He's been having a good day.  He has some congestion, one plugged tear duct, and some fierce cradle cap, but I think the eczema stuff is finally fading away.  He managed to survive, in a state of total oblivion, an act of aggression by Josephine.  (She threw his stuffed dog at him because she was angry at me for being her parent.  It hit his foot.  Note to self: make sure Clement is in a safe place before upsetting the three year old.)  
No worse for the wear:

Hi, I'm Clement, and I have an awesome hedgehog pillow.  Andrea rocks.

Josephine, who just finished throwing a small temper tantrum after being jarred out of her nap by pins and needles in her arm (limbs falling asleep makes her very, very angry), has also had a good day, on whole.  So I gave her a chocolate granola bar in celebration of her Grand Favog's birthday at lunchtime, and that was very exciting to her.  I made sure she was down for her nap before the sugar crash hit.


We went to the park this morning.  It was pretty quiet since all the older kids were in school.  But she found a couple small girls which she took turns guiding into situations way too dangerous for them.  So that kept all of us parents plenty busy.


The kids had fun, though.  Josephine has really started enjoying swinging.  I wish I could have filmed her on it today.  Very genuine, delighted, sustained laughter.  But I was too busy pushing her "really fast!  NO, I mean really, REALLY fast!"  At one point she even said, laughing, "My stomach is very hurting!"  I asked if she wanted to take a break, but she insisted she was fine-- though I don't think either of us believed her.  


Here are a couple more pictures of Clement.  Not a lot of variation in his activities...  


Just one cute face after another.  (And the occasional EXTREMELY angry one.)

No comments: