Woke up this morning with the onset of mastitis. :-( Been battling fever, aches, chills, lots of pain... and been especially thankful for my mother-in-law's endless energy with Josephine and Clement!
Say a little prayer that these antibiotics work quickly. We have only a short week and a half before we want to be on the road back to NY... this isn't a super way to make progress towards that goal.
(And I promise there are more pictures coming soon. Sorry for the delay.)
6 comments:
Oh, Jenny. I'm so sorry. I know from experience how crummy mastitis is. Thankfully, at least for me, the antibiotics were a godsend and did work rather quickly, so I hope you find the same. Take good care of yourself!
Jenny, I've had success with some natural remedies for mastitis. If you want, I'd suggest warm compresses (heating a wet wash cloth in the microwave works)...as hot as you can stand it just before nursing, combined with massaging the area (hurts like crazy). Drinking water basically continuously also seems to help. Rest well my friend... mastitis is no fun!
thank you for the sympathy and encouragement! will try the compress idea.
Big hug, it's horrible. my doctor advised me to go to bed, drink water continuously and feed as often as possible. it worked! after 24hrs I was able to go on a helicopter flight - a late Christmas present. take care of yourself. Jo xx
Will pray for you, friend! Love the pictures of your lovely son. Miss you! xoxoxo
Ugh! I had mastitis twice with Vivian. Luckily the antibiotics worked quickly but what helped me the most was letting her nurse as long and as often as she wanted. Hoping you rebound soon! Can't wait to see new pictures of your cute little man!
Post a Comment