... an XY!!!
Yep, you got it! Looks like in July we'll be evening out the score a bit around here. And no, I don't mean Sean will no longer be outnumbered by females, I mean that I will no longer be outnumbered by Seans! Because, you see, I am convinced this little boy's going to look like ME. My logic is infallible:
A) Josephine is a girl and looks exactly like Sean. A boy, therefore, should not. Which clearly leaves me as the parent-of-influence.
B) The pregnancy with Josephine brought a great deal of nausea, and this one has had nearly none. It's been tremendously easy, and I'm convinced it's because this kid is just genetically more compatible with me. In other words, my body recognizes him as one of my offspring and hosts him willingly, whereas my body didn't recognize Josephine as such, and now that I've seen her, I understand why. I'm still not sure any of my genetic material made it into her DNA.
C) IT'S MY TURN to have a kid that looks like me. IT WOULDN'T BE FAIR if he also looks like Sean.
D) God doesn't give us more than we can handle, and I can't handle being surrounded by three Seans. God, in his infinite wisdom, knows this.
Soooo, here's to my son! My future mini-me! Hooray! Cheers!!!
We found all this out on Thursday. Since Sean was going to be in town this weekend, I bumped up my 20 week ultrasound to 18 weeks, so that we could process the gender news in person together, rather than long-distance over the phone. The whole thing was a surprise for Sean; I hadn't told him I'd changed the appointment date, as he hates the anticipation involved in finding out big news, and I didn't want to add anxiety to his trip back home. (He did want to find the gender out ahead of time, though. He just didn't want to be involved in the finding out. Direct any questions at him. I don't pretend to understand these nuances!)
Thankfully, the baby cooperated during the ultrasound, and the tech was very confident as she wrote down the news in a card and sealed it up with the gender photos. Even though I'm sure she does this sort of thing all the time, she still got a kick out of her role in this and kept instructing me "DON'T look inside! DON'T look at the DVD!"
After Sean got home and we'd had some time to reconnect, I had him open it, still not telling him what news contained. (YES, on one hand it was very difficult to wait knowing the information was an envelope away all afternoon, but on the other hand, I still got to find out two weeks ahead of schedule, so that was quite the easy way to console my nerves!) And the whole process was thoroughly rewarded by getting to see the look on his face when he found out, and then getting to share our excitement together in person.
Of course, most importantly, the ultrasound revealed Numero Dos as completely healthy and measuring right on target. My stats and fundal height are all great, too, and I also learned that the placenta is indeed right in the front which is why I haven't felt the baby moving around nearly as much as I felt Josephine, as it absorbs all the kicks and blows.
I was also told not to be concerned about all the pain I've been having to the left of my tailbone; apparently the aches just set in earlier with second pregnancies. Since the uterus expands more rapidly this go around, the baby's already pushing on my coccyx. I've found that some positions relieve the pain, like dropping to my knees and putting my head near the floor. While that does indeed help get the pressure off the tailbone region, it's not exactly a pose I'm keen on striking out in public, so there's a fair amount of discomfort I just have to endure.
Those are the times I remind myself that it's a small price to pay to add a little Haigler to the mix around here! ;-) Bring on the boy!
5 comments:
Yay! Congratulations on your SON!! As ADORABLE as Josephine is, I hope he looks like you too! I know how it is to hear all the time that "she looks just like her dad". Amelia was that way for me!I hope you continue to have an easy going pregnancy!
Woo hoo! A boy! Congrats, you guys!!! And he is TOTALLY going to look like you, Jenny. :)
Woohoo! I like your logic. He must be your mini-you! Yay! (((hugs)))
Congratulations! How exciting to have a boy and a girl! And what a fun way to find out- glad you have an accommodating doctor and tech. Can't wait to see him!
Agh!!! This is so exciting! In really thrilled for y'all and am glad the discovery went down so smoothly. :). Can't wait to meet him!
Post a Comment