Her recent fascination with Jesus aside, I also like her insistence that Dad is "silly" even when he isn't doing anything to deserve such mockery. I enjoy her concern over " 'ere MsssKarie go?" when our normal checkout lady wasn't at the grocery store this Tuesday, and how delighted she got recently when I told her I'd tell Beth she said Hi. ("Ba go car see Bess-- Eeen say HIII!!!") I enjoy all her excited sentences, even the ones that are so excited that half the words don't quite make it down the chute--- she pauses for them though, and then when the next word does come, she says that one-- and before you know it a whole sentence is out there! True Italian style, it is indeed part verbal, part gesturing, and part a family member knowing her well enough to know exactly what she means--- but sentences are there, nonetheless. And it's fun.
Recently we were at Book People and saw a little magnadoodle, which we bought her. I couldn't remember what they were called, so for the next several days, I referred to it as the "blue thing" and the "magnet drawing board." It has a little handle, though, so she likes to carry it around to stores, and I adore how it is a fully contained drawing apparatus-- so it does go with us everywhere. In one store recently, an employee exclaimed, "I LOVE MAGNADOODLES." And both Josephine and I had mild epiphanies where we simultaneously grasped The Word For The Beloved Object. For the next five minutes SOLID Josephine talked about her magnadoodle, practicing this amazing word. I repeated it back several times and talked to her about it... mostly because I wanted to draw out the conversation. Her version of "magnadoodle" makes me truly, truly laugh. Out of all her fun vocabulary, this is my favorite word to-date.
I hereby present... magdiddiluh.
Click on the underlined word to see the video, which was taken June 8.
1 comment:
I love it!! :)
Post a Comment