Moving on, here's a picture of Josephine in the first mummy suit I sewed her. I'm working on the second. She had fun picking out the fabric with me-- it's lined with the really soft woolly fleece you see around the hems, and she LOVES soft things. She rode around in the cart at JoAnn patting the bolt of material in her lap, her fingers in her mouth.
It has snaps between the ankles to help keep it in place. We keep our thermostat fairly low at night in the winter (63), so this is just another layer to keep her warm, since she can't seem to stay under the blankets in her crib. The arms are rolled up this year and it goes right to the floor, so I'm hoping it will still fit her next year...

The nationally-confused photo below was taken specifically for Sean. She wanted him to see that she'd put on her hat and scarf, but he wasn't home. When I suggested that we take a picture and show him the picture later, she was quite pleased and stood nicely and smiled. When he got home, she showed him the picture and then proceeded to dress him in the same items, but he has sadly vetoed the uploading of that image. Since they look the same, you could try mentally aging Josephine 28 years, add an unshaven face and blue striped pajama pants and you'd pretty much have it. Funny, huh? It was. They usually are when they get to playing together.

And lastly, a little fireside shot. Let me reiterate... these are from EARLY January. I believe I managed to take down Christmas decorations sometime shortly after Epiphany...
No comments:
Post a Comment