The defense submits Exhibit A, where in said "neglected" infant is fourteen months and one day old... the day when she finally has decided walking isn't such a bad idea.
(Okay, so really I am submitting Exhibits A through E, since this has been a LONG time coming, and there are many folks wanting to see it, including poor Sean who is in Atlanta. He's seen her walk, of course-- she's taken a few steps here and there for a while now. Three weeks ago she even took 5 steps, causing me to set up video cameras the next morning thinking her day had arrived! Ha! I've learned it doesn't matter the number of steps as much as it does that mental switch flipping and the kid deciding "oh yes, I think today I will do this for real." We've seen that confidence grow incrementally over the last week, and the night before Sean left, she went half of the rug in her room and wasn't chickening out QUITE as quickly as she used to when we tried to get her to do it again. But this afternoon was the first time where I was repeatedly standing her up and encouraging her to walk, and she was completely into it.)
So I admit, Mr. Chairman, I never would have posted a thing tonight if it weren't for the walking. And in reality I'm just as far behind as I was yesterday-- I have so much to upload-- and the house/yard projects I'm currently working on are, unfortunately, NOT near a stopping point despite my best efforts.
In short, no promises, but I really will tryyyy to catch up!
3 comments:
I'm happy to see you are working hard to address the committee's concerns. Hopefully this post will dampen the outcry for dismissal. However, it remains to be seen if this leads to a positive change to regular postings consistent with the terms of your position.
Still your only friend during a potential mutiny,
Jason, Chairman of Parental Oversight
Walking, walking walking!!! I am so excited about this new development!!! Let's get together and let the girls WALK :) We're around on Monday if you want.....
I agree with Jason. The mosquito story was up for WAY too long! Mosquitos v. cute Josephine photos? No contest! Bring on more of the cutey!
(This is Grace Wilhelm, btw. New blogger name.)
Post a Comment