This is basically two pails' worth. I get down to the last cover or two, and a few prefolds, then wash one full load. So there are only a couple not pictured (along with a few liners and doublers). I actually haven't paid attention to how frequently I have to do this load-- I think I have a subconscious aversion to knowing. It's probably about once per week. If it is indeed more often, I refuse to recognize that fact.
Some wipes:
A bug on a cover:
The wildlife and I frequently startle each other when I'm out there doing laundry. I'm usually in la-la-land (it's a pretty mindless activity), so when you turn around and a squirrel is two feet from your face on a fence post, or you take down a towel in the evening and wind up with a big moth flapping in your face, it's fun. (Sure. Fun.)
And yes, I recognize diapers make for rather dull blog material, but hey-- the cowpoke's gotta keep her bum covered with SOMETHING. I'm just a little astonished at the quantity of that something!
Some wipes:
And yes, I recognize diapers make for rather dull blog material, but hey-- the cowpoke's gotta keep her bum covered with SOMETHING. I'm just a little astonished at the quantity of that something!
More startling wildlife:



7 comments:
Wow, that is intense. I have two kids in cloth diapers and don't seem to have that much! Although, I don't hang dry the inserts or wipes.
Love the wildlife :) The best part of cloth diapers is how cute they look in just a diaper. Can't wait until it gets that warm here!
Yeah, I feel pretty sheepish about the amount I have for one kid! We were given a bunch as gifts, and then I filled out my stock with a lot of cheap secondhand stuff so I wouldn't have to wash as frequently. But when I see this many on the line, I do start to think that maybe it all got a little out of hand. :-)
I am in total awe of you having two in cloth at once. That is real commitment! (Of course, once you have all the stuff for one, I guess you pretty much have to use it for the second as well). But you really do have your hands busy over there!
I hear Finnan is starting to feel better! yay!
She is just getting cuter (and more tan) every day! Impossible! Personally, I am glad you line dry all these diapers. The streets are safer when you are occupied!
Natali Gill, you consistently leave my funniest comments. I like this. As evidence, I present exhibit 11/09 "thankful" and 08/09 "doesn't this look familiar" and 07/09 "cheeeese." And that's just off the top of my head.
From here on out, if I leave a comment on your blog attempting to be funny and failing, I can't be held accountable. It's officially your fault because you have become the commenter that I want to be like.
Cutest diaper ever! And, you have enough diapers for a WEEK!!!! WOW!! I do diaper laundry every 2 days....
That is incredible. I don't think I have enough energy to string all of that line, let alone hang and take down all of those diapers! Perhaps I should try, though.
Even though I love our BumGenius diapers, part of me really wishes I went the prefold/cover route. Maybe with the next child (if there is a next child...). What covers do you like best?
Sarah-- see, I don't think I'd be committed enough if I had to wash every two days. I really think I'd bail. Extra kudos to you!!
And Christi, A) If you ever question whether there you should have more, you need to take another look at Elsa. :-) You must, you must, you must! And B) I've REALLY been pleased with our Mommy's Touch diaper covers, available through Green Mountain Diapers. They are a one-size cover, so worth the money, and have been SUPER at every size. And now that she likes pulling apart velcro, I'm especially grateful that they have snaps. I've had several kinds of covers; this is hands down my most reliable. Thirsties with the leg gussets come in second place. That said, every mom has a favorite-- you'll get different answers from everyone.
Post a Comment