Only a month behind. :-)
We had a fabulous Christmas-- I didn't take very representative pictures of people/events (some were left out altogether... SORRY!!!), but here are a few.
Teague was our first stop.

We had a lovely visit with Sean's parents (Mama Jo and
GrandFavog... hey, I'm just relieved he traded in "G-Diddy"...) and Gam, Sean's grandma. Josephine loved Gammy's sweater with blinking-lights!

GrandFavog reading Josephine
The Grinch Who Stole Christmas:
Hands down, my favorite moment from our Christmas vacation came when we had Josephine choose between her new toys: dolls from Mama Jo and Gam or a Black & Decker tool set from GrandFavog. The choice...
...and the decision!

Ah, she's a mommy's girl! Warmed my heart to no end. And since we've been back, I've LOVED handing her her hammer when I'm using mine and showing her how they're the same. Furthermore, out of that tendency babies have to gravitate towards small objects, it turns out that one of the babyproof "nails" from the tool box is her very favorite thing to carry around with her everywhere. I'm just so, so proud.
Here's the other spoiled Sims family member! Badges and her new bumble bee toy, cute as ever:

Gam and Josephine playing the next day...

Out in the gazebo with Sean:


And then it was on to Bedford, where AMAZINGLY, Christmas day was truly WHITE!!!! I can't even remember the last time that happened, and we were all excited that Josephine's first Christmas had snow covering the ground. It began the morning of Christmas Eve with the most blizzardish snowfall I've
ever seen (blowing in horizontally at times!) which fell until there was a good 3-4 inches covering the ground. Yes, I'm from Texas, so YES that constitutes a blizzard.
Here we are when it first began to fall:

And by that evening, the house looked like this:
Awwww... just like the storybooks!!

Christmas morning:

With the cold temperatures overnight, the snow was still around to play in after all presents were opened, though it didn't last long.

Josephine with her Grandma and Grandpa:

Since it wasn't actually snowing on Christmas day, my mom improvised by throwing snow at us for the picture...


As you can see below, my mom hit Grandma JACKPOT when her friend passed along all the toys and gear her grandchildren have out grown. Clearly, Josephine went to town. (We now use my mom's house as a toy lending library, since there's no way we could store all that stuff at our place!) Here's Uncle Jason the Architect encouraging Josephine to destroy towers. Just trying to secure himself more building projects, if you ask me!

My sister, Janell, is FABULOUS with Josephine! She knows exactly how to play with little babies; I even heard her make up a song spontaneously for her. I love watching them interact.

The color on my film pictures from the Haigler family portraits got messed up, so after a bit of messing with different images, this is what I have:


Sorry for being so slow to post, as usual!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, Jenny! I love your film pictures at the end there, they look incredible!!! Wayyyy to be. =0)
Post a Comment