Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ah, babies.

On Saturday, Josephine had a little play date with her friend, Zanna, while Zanna's folks went to a wedding. This was actually their second time hanging out, because she stayed at Zanna's recently while Sean and I went to a concert. We know Zanna's parents, Sarah and Cameron because I went to Austin College with them... (okay, enough of the linkage)...
In short, they're awesome, and we're thrilled they live so close and that we (and our kiddos) get to hang out!

Anyway, there's just very little in life that is more adorable than watching babies interact. I do not understand it, but they are instantly more connected to each other than they are to adults. Josephine might get smiley and happy when I walk into the room, but if a baby enters her presence, she is ENTHRALLED, instantly chatty, animated, and grabby. Sean accurately described their intense conversations like recordings of whale song.

Zanna, being 5 weeks older, is a perfect little role model for Josephine. Josephine did her gorilla-sit better than ever for Zanna as they sat across from each other-- you could tell she was trying to impress this older, more able child-- which was cute. Zanna is also much more out-going than Josephine is right now and was very good at setting a social, up-beat example for our teething, cranky daughter. Sean and I nearly died laughing every time Josephine started fussing because Zanna would sit there, watch Josephine melt down, and start giggling like it was a comedy show! It was hysterical. I constantly tormented my own little sister (sorry, Darla) so seeing a barely-older baby laugh at a the angst of a younger one was somehow very funny to me (not that it's funny, Darla).

Here's a picture of the two giggling at my peek-a-boo game with the baby in the book. Another instance of role-modeling: Josephine frequently looked over to make sure Zanna was laughing before she would laugh along. By the end of it, Josephine had put her arm around Zanna's shoulders, which was TOO cute.
And here's their little fuzz-covered heads...
We love you Miss Suzanna Grace!!! See you soon!!

1 comment:

Zanna Grace said...

SOOOOOO Cute, Jenny!! Play date soon? What are you doing Monday?